Sunday, September 19, 2010

New logo and "Exploration" sequence's picture

I didn't want to use the Gears of war logo in my movie so i did mine.  I wasn't sure for a title, but i made of my mind with "Toys of War".  It keeps the sound of the original one and it's fit with my project.  I was looking for a Stikfas skull and asked Errol (Eelumir) to take pictures of the one he own.  It comes from a zombie Stikfas toy.  I also used the Gears of war's font created by Tracerthong.  I did it yesterday's evening while finishing my "Exploration" sequence's set.

This morning i went in town to buy a 3/4'' x 48'' wood stick for my rig and i bought an angel ornament that fit perfectly with my sequence (i cut it's head off).  My first idea was to use a Lego figure's head, but i wasn't really satisfied with the results after painting it in white.  I did the statue's head falling movement this afternoon and twenty pictures of the running part.  I should continue that tomorrow.

Here's a pictures of the beginning of the sequence.

Edit : I've put the beginning of this sequence to the garbage can.  It's too hard working with soil.  I did it again with styrofoam scuplted and painted.  The look won't be that good, but at least, it won't move randomly everytimes i touch the set.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Dodge Charger 2006 SRT8 1:24

I found the car for the "Sunset" sequence.  I needed a Diecast black car at 1:24 scale, so this one is very nice.  I'm a little disapointed, because it doesn't have steering wheels.  I would also prefered normal wheels, but it will do the job. 

Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Exploration sequence" - Setup & test shots

The new setup is ready.  I've done a few test shots and i'm satisfy with the results.  I had to build a new camera rail (vertical).  I was sure how i'll do it but i think it was the simplest way to do it and to more accurate for my budget.

The rigging system will be the same as used on my other running sequences.

Here's some test shots.

- Lowest position -

- Mid position -

- Highest position -

I need to fix a new pole (48") to my rail where i'll fix the wire to support the character.  I also have to paint my statue's head that will fall in the beginning of that sequence.  I should start animating this week-end.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Sequence #13 (0:39 - 0:45) is done !

Wow !  This sequence was really hard to do.  After several hours of hard work trying to put the set in place, i was able to start animating.  I did the 94 required photos yesterday (double that number is you count the background only pictures).  I think it took me around 7 hours.  I did that in 4 seperated sessions.  The first one was for the running part and the jump.  The second and the third ones were for the landing.  Finally, the fourth one was for moving the head at the end of the sequence.  Today, i removed the wires and i cleaned the pictures.  I took me around 5 hours.  I had some issues removing some wires because the character's support blocked some light when i shoot the character with the set.  When i removed the character to only take the set, the light wasn't blocked anymore so there was a difference hard to ajust in post-production.

Anyway, here's what it look like.

I had to use three different character's supports.  I used metal wires this time instead of a firm rod.  I was looking for flexibility.  For the last part of this sequence, i put a screw into a popsicle stick in order to hold the arms of the character tighly to the floor.  I didn't want the whole body to move each time i moved the head.

The next one will be the sequence #6 "Exploration".  I will take a break for some days (maybe a week) before starting this one.