Hi folks !
I've broke the ice with the paint job this week. It's nice to see colors on the skull after almost 6 months. It's only primer for the moment, but it's cool to see the contrast between the helmet and the teeth.
I built a quick spray booth in my workplace. There isn't ventilation, but i'm working with acrylic paint (odorless) and i'm doing only small sessions at a time with all windows open.
Airbrushing is a little harder than i thought, but even with no experience, i can see that it does nicer effects than if i was using a paint brush. Experimenting is the key as all other arts and reading the blogs of my friends Ryukaze and Ludo helped a lot understanding many little things.
By the way, it was a hard mind blowing week, because i founded a dust between the lenses of my only camera. The one i was using from the very beginning of this project, and the one that was working so greatly with the stopmotion freeware CMSC (for old Canon camera). After several searches, i found one on classified ads and jumped on it. It only cost me 60$ and it's almost in mint condition. Amazon was offering some used, starting at 125$ + shipping and Ebay, almost only broken ones... :/
The dust between the lenses wasn't removable. I did some tapping on it, but i was afraid to break it and it didn't seem to move. On the picture below, you can see how it look like on pictures (inside the red circle).