Another week with not much results, but many hours spent on it. I've started with the installation of two new lights which are on top of the helmet. I put them in place the same way i did for the eyes (view last week post). The only difference is that the LITE-BRITE pins are sideways. I'll have to adjust the LEDs because they bring much more light than the eyes.
Here are some pictures
Than, i started working on the jaws mechanism. My first idea was to put a hinge on the bottom jaw and to use aluminium wires as resistance. It wasn't a good idea. There's too much weight to get good results.
I was a little angry that night and couldn't find any alternative, so i ask for advices on stopmotionanimation.com . The next day, Boy Oyng sent me this drawing and hope came back.
Back to work, i made this according to Boy Oyng's drawing.
It was much better, but something wasn't right... I forgot that the bottom jaw joint should be just under the skull and not low as i made it. After taking apart this mechanism, i begin to build a third one using the same principle. This time, it came out as i wanted it.
Here's a quick test of the jaws mechanism.
This week, i plan to start building the teeth and to add some shape on the bottom jaw.